New Guidance on Applications Under the Water Conservation Policy for Upstream Oil and Gas Operations
In October the AER released Manual 025: Applications under the Water Conservation Policy for Upstream Oil and Gas Operations (Manual 025), which guides upstream O&G applicants seeking new Water Act licences, renewals, or amendments.
This guidance has been anticipated since the release of the Water conservation policy for upstream oil and gas operations (WCP) in 2020, and we have already been working with our clients to find Alternative Water Sources and conserve high-quality nonsaline water. With a defined framework in place, there is now an opportunity for upstream producers to assess their water management strategies within the new tier-based system and maximize their water resource security.
About: This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking through October 2022.
- Canada’s Methane Strategy
- Global Clean Energy Action Forum
- Government Splits Alberta Environment and Parks
- Development of Carbon Storage Hubs
- New Guidance on Applications Under the Water Conservation Policy for Upstream Oil and Gas Operations
- New Release of Directive 058: Oilfield Waste Management Requirements for the Upstream Petroleum Industry
- New Issue of Directive 065: Resources Applications for Oil and Gas Reservoirs
- Industrial Heartland Designated Industrial Zone Directive
- New Functionality Moving to OneStop
- Proposed British Columbia Energy Regulator
Become a subscriber: The Regulatory Bulletin is sent at 12:30 PM, the first Thursday after month-end. This gives us a few days to assess all the regulatory updates from the previous month and highlight those with the largest impact – be that environmental, social, or economic.