This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking over the past month.
This Month In Focus
A 2015 pledge to reduce methane emissions from Oil and Gas by 45% has now been superseded by a new target of 75% by 2030. Canada is leading the world in methane regulation and it could be that the tougher conditions will factor into capital investment opportunities managed by ESG criteria.
Although COP26 will undoubtedly have a large impact on Energy and Natural resource management, a deeper analysis will run in the next issue once the full scope of the conference becomes apparent.
- Canada’s Methane Emission Reduction Pledge
- Canada prepares for United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26)
- Canada Energy Regulator’s Indigenous Advisory Committee: Three-Year Work Plan
- Updated Directive 077: Pipelines – Requirements and Reference Tools
- New Directive for In Situ Projects with Non-saline Groundwater in Contact with Bitumen
- New Functionality Moving to OneStop
- Turning Landfill Emissions into Renewable Natural Gas
- Water Suspensions Lifted in North and South Thompson Basins
- Amendments to the Forest and Range Practices Act
- The CleanBC Roadmap Updates B.C.’s Climate Plan