This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking through December ’21.
This Month In Focus: Canada’s commitment to reduce emissions 40 – 45% below 2005 levels by 2030 is driving huge interest from the general public and business communities. With over 20,000 submissions already, the consultation deadline has been extended as Canada continues on its journey to NetZero.
Also in this issue:
- Public Submissions to 2030 Emissions Reduction Plan
- Onshore Pipeline Regulations Discussion Paper
- Canadians Donated Over $1 Billion Worth of Ecologically Sensitive Land
- International Energy Agency (IEA) Releases Report on Canada’s Energy Policy
- New Guideline for End Land Use Planning for Reclaiming Borrow Pits
- Government of Canada Invests in Coal-affected Communities across Alberta
- Feedback on Potable Water Regulation
- Government of Canada Invests in Alberta’s Clean Technology Industry
- Montney Well Fluid Analyses Available
- British Columbia’s Effort to License Water Use
- Aerial Survey of Decommissioned Gas Wells
- New Compliance Management Information System
- Methane Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) Submission