This bulletin highlights the regulatory changes and updates within the energy and natural resource sectors in North America that the Integrated Sustainability team has been tracking through April 2022.
This Month In Focus:
Canada’s Federal Government has increased the emission management plan requirements for Oil and Gas producers. Targeting a “best-in-class” standard, the requirements include a zero-emissions plan from new developments expected to operate beyond 2050.
- Government of Canada Guidance for Net-zero Emissions Requirements
- Statement on The United States–Canada Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
- Earth Day 2022
- Funding for Orphan Well Association
- 2022/23 Alberta Energy Regulator Administration Fees (Industry Levy)
- Site Rehabilitation Program Extension
- Delay on Alberta Wetland Rapid Evaluation Tool- Actual (ABWRET-A)
- Mining Audit Report Released
- Public Input on Industry’s Environment Protection
- New Mining Reclamation Policy
- Watershed Restoration Efforts
- Global Conference on Environmental Assessment