To Our Clients and Friends,
As we finish our fourth week of working from our home offices, we are taking a moment to reflect and be grateful for our incredible staff, clients, communities, and families. This unprecedented time presents incredible challenges for our business, but our greatest strengths as an organization has always been our agility, resilience, and tenacity to work together as a united team to tackle whatever challenge crosses our path. “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor” is a favourite quote shared around our office that has served as a positive motivator for our team in the past. We have navigated difficulties and times of dynamic change before; we will rise to the challenge once again and get through this together.
Our key priorities during this time is the safety and well-being of our people, supporting our clients, and ensuring business continuity and proper communication. Our team has pulled together to assist one another and to support our clients navigate this new reality as an industry. To mitigate exposure to our people, clients, families, and communities, our office operations have moved to home, and all in-person meetings have been moved to video or phone call. Our team is ready and available, continuing to provide the quality of service our clients know and expect, and are eager to ensure project deliverables stay on track.
We would like to thank our health and safety team for providing our employees and contractors with guidance on working safely; our human resources team for supporting our people through times of significant change; our leaders who continue to be strong and courageous through this rapidly changing environment; and our people – our amazing team of people who take the time to check in on one another and continue to provide unwavering support and positivity.
Our HSE team continues to closely monitor the evolving nature of the COVID-19 global pandemic, and as most companies, has implemented a preparedness plan as a precautionary measure for the safety of our employees. We felt it necessary to share with you our expectations in order to provide further clarity during this difficult and uncertain time. A summary of the details of this plan are outlined below.
- Personal prevention measures for the home and worksite have been communicated internally to all employees and contractors.
- Company offices are closed. All office visits must be approved by HSE and are for essential work-related purposes only.
- Our field operations continue under new policies. All field mobilized employees will ensure that their field program has been evaluated formally through Integrated Sustainability’s onboarding process, with considerations given to current COVID-19 factors.
- HSE will continue to work with project managers and field staff to evaluate and assess COVID-19 risks specific to each field program. This assessment will be captured within the Field Onboarding documentation.
- Onsite screening, symptomatic COVID-19 response, and confirmed positive COVID-19 test response measures in place at project sites have clearly been communicated with field staff and contractors. All communication is funneled through the HSE Manager and the applicable Project Manager.
- As appropriate, and in coordination with HSE and the HR team, Integrated Sustainability leadership will notify stakeholders and contractors of potential COVID-19 exposures.
- Affected Integrated Sustainability employees or contractors will be managed by HR or contractor companies and will administer the Return to Work (RTW) guidelines aligned with applicable jurisdictional guidelines.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting protocols as per guidelines from the Public Health Agency of Canada and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) have been put in place for all worksites and offices.
Thank you for your continued support and business. We can all work together to minimize the risk within our community and come out of this difficult time better and stronger. Stay safe everyone.
The Integrated Sustainability Team