As a CAD Designer at Ecohesion you will have the opportunity to expand your career through working on exciting projects.
You will be reporting to the VP Engineering, you will be responsible for supporting various size projects from conceptual through detailed engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Analytic, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to:
- Execute tasks efficiently and timely.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment and continuously deliver high-caliber output.
Education, Experience & Requirements
- Civil/structural engineering diploma or technician certificate from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a design and drafting role.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of CAD 2D & 3D CAD drafting/modeling. programs, including AutoCAD, CadWorx, Navisworks; proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel is an asset.
- Experience collaborating in RevIT and BIM 360 is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and codes.
- Knowledgeable in MicroStation, Civil 3D, Infraworks, Inventor, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Rhino.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on a number of projects at the same time and maintain high quality output.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are further defined in the Contract of Employment.
- Work independently to apply design principles for 3D models and 2D mechanical equipment, piping layout or general arrangement drawings of industrial buildings and processes, ISO’s etc.
- Assist engineers to setup CAD model and create plans for structural analysis.
- Efficiently detail structural designs.
- Assist in P&ID development, including drafting, and correlating documents.
- Prepare field review documentation – field review report, site visit, multi-disciplinary coordination etc.
- Conduct a quality check of models and drawings to satisfy project-specific BIM and CAD.
- requirements. (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation, Civil3D).
- Coordinate structural work with other disciplines.
- Have a working knowledge of stress analysis, design and drafting standards, and piping specifications.
- Report the progress of the assignment to the Technical Manager.
- Prepare and tender documentation, especially models, drawings, reports, memorandum, specifications, spreadsheets, letters, etc.
- Multi-disciplinary experience, specifically structural is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to adapt to client constraints and preferences.
This Job Description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
To apply, please email your resume to: [email protected]
We are a team of Caribbean professionals who are passionate about water sustainability in our home countries of Antigua, Bermuda, Barbados, and Trinidad. Providing solutions on an industrial, commercial, and residential scale for wastewater reuse, desalination, and drinking water, we focus on meaningful projects that are not only positively impacting the environment but are also encouraging social impacts.
As an employee of Ecohesion, you will be provided with the training and equipment to do your job well and will have access to ongoing coaching and mentorship to grow your career. A valued member of the team, you will also be entitled to join the company’s medical scheme.
Ecohesion is a subsidiary of Integrated Sustainability, an award-winning, Canadian-based provider of world-class sustainable Water, Waste and Energy solutions.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Ecohesion; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
CAD Designer - Ecohesion